But first of all, hope you are all doing well during this busy time of year, just one week now until the big day..... hope you are feeling ready ;)
We have a bag full of exciting and diverse goodies, here is a little reminder of what they are this month:
Product: Tissue Paper
Technique: Embossing (dry or heat)
Colour: Silver or Gold
Now like my lovely teamies Jennie and Sandy who posted in the previous two weeks, I cheated just a little bit, in that I did use Acetate, but not as the substrate. But let me start by showing you my finished project:
It's a little Christmas lantern, that was gifted to me by my wonderful friend Rita.
It started out looking like this:
I began by covering the two side panels with little bits of tissue paper, - a favourite technique to create texture.
I adhered it with gel medium, making sure there were plenty of wrinkles.
Next I painted over both panels with thick gesso
And finally coloured them with various layers of watery Decoart Media Acrylic paints: Titanium White, Burnt Umber and Raw Umber, mixing them with baby wipes and my fingers.
Finally the raised bits were highlighted with Treasure Gold in a mix of Renaissance Gold and White Fire.
Time to start on the other two panels: First I painted them with Gesso and then added some Raw Umber along the lower end.
I added some Crackle Paint over the brown and when the cracks appeared blended everything together first with white Antiquing Cream and then with a further wash of watery Umber paint.
The crackle paint I used was rather old so the cracks were ufortunately not very convincing.
Once the paint had all dried I covered the whole panel with Paper Artsy Metallic Glaze, which gave them a lovely subtle shimmer, which unfortunately does not show up in the photos I took of that stage.
On to the next ingredient, acetate: I cut two pieces to size to fit behind the open panels, coated them with the metallic glaze and added a few dots with a white gel pen for snowflakes. I then glued them behind the panels.
Time to put the lantern together, or so I thought, until after I had done so when I suddenly realized I had totally forgotten about one of the ingredients, - embossing! Duh.... what to do now? Too late for any dry embossing which I could so easily have done with the acetate, so all I could do at this stage, was to rub some Versamark ink here and there over the side panels, sprinkle with gold embossing powder and like that add some more golden texture to it all.
It is a very subtle effect, but at least I lived up to the challenge and used all 4 ingredients.... (I must be getting old).....
Add this stage I also decided to add some snowy texture to the bottom of the front panels and some more colour to the deer. I used some really old and thick Decoart texture paste for that.
Anyway, that was it, - I'll leave you with a few more photos of the finished project.
During the day
And in the evening when lit up with a large tea light.
Well thank you for your visit and as this is a 5 week month there will be two more projects from team mates to follow, - and of course there is also some time left to play along with our Winter Wonderland challenge if you have not yet done so. Nothing like a bit of crafting to relief some holiday prep stress...