Whilst looking for a piece of canvas for this project I found (hmmmm rather embarrassingly .....) a canvas journal I must have bought about three years ago and completely forgot I had. So here is my first page in that journal .....
In terms of watery type acrylic paint I only really had one pot ..... but I thought it would be a good experiment in seeing how many different hues I could get. So this is all done using a pot of DecoArt Cobalt Turquoise Hue.
To start I added some crackle paste through a layering stencil directly on to the canvas and when it was fully dry watered down the paint and splodged it here and there with a paint brush. I am so used to working on paper and being able to swish things around with more water that I got quite a shock when the paint sank into the canvas! I added a few splatters of Vintage Photo Distress Ink but again it wasn't the same sort of effect I normally get!
All my new Tim Holtz purchases are still sitting on the desk so I had some fun layering lots of the lovely vintage labels and photographs (so lovely that they are all cut out already!)
As this is a page in a journal I haven't raised the layers too much with foam pads. It is quite effective just glueing the middle of pieces and letting the edges "float". The only embellishment on foam is the Victorian girl.