Product - texture paste
First layer for jar one was some Transparent Gloss Texture Paste applied through a harlequin stencil. Of course the paste goes on opaque, and then dries to transparency.
I was hoping that I'd be left with some clear "windows" for the candle to shine through. It didn't go quite according to plan in the end, but I like what I ended up with maybe even more so not to worry. Jar two had a layer even before the texture paste - some strips of tissue tape, which I thought would show through nicely.
And then the texture paste went over the top of the strips.
Jar one has its tissue tape around the neck instead. I quite like both looks!
At this point, I was enjoying the transparent texture over the transparent glass especially with the tissue tape strips showing through.
Later on I blended on some Walnut Stain and Gathered Twigs, I think, with maybe some Black Soot thrown in for good measure in places. From that I started cutting lots of foliage using the Tim Holtz thinlits. I loved these, even before I'd done anything with them!
And I preserved the paler card for cutting some wildflowers.
I started layering the foliage onto the jars from dark to light. Darker fronds and branches in the background...